Combine a narrated boat tour and guided historic walking tour down the streets of Saint Augustine, Fl. Discover 400 years of rich history in the United States oldest city. You will visit some…
- Private Tour (St Augustine Boat and Walking Tour) min of 4 people
The Most Complete Tour Of St Augustine From Land To Water!
Experience St. Augustine combining a walking tour and narrated boat tour of the US oldest city. Includes a visit to the most important landmarks through three historic periods: Discovery and Conquest, Spanish and British periods, the Flagler era. During this 2.5 hour tour, you will get a broad perspective of the importance of St. Augustine in our history.
What to Expect
Narrated boat tour aboard the Victory III, in the Matanzas Bay followed by a walking tour of downtown St Augustine including a visit to Flagler College formerly the Ponce de Leon Hotel and Hotel Alcazar nowadays the Lightner museum. Capture unique pictures of Castillo de San Marcos, The St Augustine Lighthouse, bridge of Lions and other important sites.
What We’ll do
- You will meet your guide at Plaza de la Constitucion.
- If you need one, the guide will provide you with a complimentary disposable face mask
- After the group shares the effect of the quarantine on our lives, homeschooling nightmares, Zoom meetings, etc., we will walk across the Plaza making two short stops to learn about the history and important landmarks around us.
- The guide will have a speaker to ensure a safe distance and to make sure everyone can hear him speaking thru the facemask.
- We will then go across the street while we savour the wind and sun on our faces. Oh the little things in life!
- Once at the marina, the group will proceed straight on board to the upper deck of the Victory III. Again more wind and Sun, Yes!
- Hopefully the next 75 minutes will feel like an eternity. You will take in the sights with a fresh appreciation of simply being outside.
- Your guide/hosts will offer complimentary drinks of your choice
- Once on land and after a short bathroom break, we will walk into downtown St Augustine. The city has never been felt this good. Small groups of folks here and there. Quieter than normal.
- We will walk down Aviles Street and then back the Plaza with a Stop at the famous Woolworth counter where the St Augustine 4 incident took place. We will talk a little about the civil rights movement in St Augustine and proceed our walk toward the hotel district
- We will then visit the former Alcazar hotel with its beautiful gardens and courtyard and will enter what used to be the largest indoor swimming pool in the world.
- We will then proceed across the street to the former Ponce de Leon Hotel where we will share some interesting facts about the father of Florida.
- It has been two and a half hour and its time to say our goodbyes. At this point you are welcome to continue exploring the city at your leisure