Disfrute la Experiencia de San Agustin combinando una caminata y paseo en bote narrado de la ciudad mas antigua de los EU. Visite lugares de interés mas importantes a través de tres periodos: Descubrimiento y…
- Adult Ages 13+
Experience St Augustine From Land And Water
Experience a narrated Boat tour, Flagler College visit and walking guided tour of the US oldest city. Includes a visit to the most important landmarks through three historic periods: Discovery and Conquest, Spanish and British periods, the Flagler era. During this tour you will get a broad perspective of the importance of St. Augustine.
What to Expect
Narrated Boat tour aboard the Victory III for a 75 minutes narrated boat tour of Matanzas Bay followed by a 60 minutes walking tour of downtown St Augustine including a visit to Flagler College formerly the Ponce de Leon Hotel and Hotel Alcazar nowadays the Lightner museum. Capture unique pictures of Castillo de San Marcos, The St Augustine Lighthouse, bridge of Lions and other important sites.
Narrated walking tour of downtown St Augustine, the Plaza area including the St Augustine Basilica and the US oldest street, Aviles Street. After the walking tour, you are free to explore the city or have lunch at your leisure.
What we’ll do
- You will meet your guide at Plaza de la Constitucion.
- If you need one, the guide will provide you with a complimentary disposable face mask
- After the group shares the effect of the quarantine on our lives, homeschooling nightmares, Zoom meetings, etc., we will walk across the Plaza making two short stops to learn about the history and important landmarks around us.
- The guide will have a speaker to ensure a safe distance and to make sure everyone can hear him speaking thru the face mask.
- We will then go across the street while we savour the wind and sun on our faces. Oh the little things in life!
- Once at the marina, the group will proceed straight on board to the upper deck of the Victory III. Again more wind and Sun, Yes!
- Hopefully the next 75 minutes will feel like an eternity. You will take in the sights with a fresh appreciation of simply being outside.
- Your guide/hosts will offer complimentary drinks of your choice
- Once on land and after a short bathroom break, we will walk into downtown St Augustine. The city has never been felt this good. Small groups of folks here and there. Quieter than normal.
- We will walk down Aviles Street and then back the Plaza with a Stop at the famous Woolworth counter where the St Augustine 4 incident took place. We will talk a little about the civil rights movement in St Augustine and proceed our walk toward the hotel district
- We will then visit the former Alcazar hotel with its beautiful gardens and courtyard and will enter what used to be the largest indoor swimming pool in the world.
- We will then proceed across the street to the former Ponce de Leon Hotel where we will share some interesting facts about the father of Florida.
- It has been two and a half hour and its time to say our goodbyes. At this point you are welcome to continue exploring the city at your leisure