Experience St. Augustine as we walk and learn about US oldest city. Includes a visit to the most important landmarks through three historic periods: Discovery and Conquest, Spanish and British periods, the Flagler era. During this 60 minutes tour, you will get a broad perspective of the importance of St. Augustine in our nation’s history.
What to Expect:
A walking tour of downtown St Augustine thru history as we make our way down the Art district into the oldest street Aviles street, stopping at the former Woolworth counter. Then visit Flagler College formerly the Ponce de Leon Hotel and Hotel Alcazar nowadays the Lightner Museum.
What We’ll do
• You will meet your guide at Plaza de la Constitucion.
• If you need one, the guide will provide you with a complimentary disposable face mask.
• On our journey thru history we will stroll across the Plaza making stops to learn about the important landmarks around us.
• We will walk down the alley to the Art district and Aviles Street. Following with a quick stop at the famous Woolworth counter where the St Augustine 4 incident took place, we will talk about the civil rights movement in St Augustine and proceed our walk toward the hotel district.
• We will then visit the former Alcazar hotel with its beautiful gardens and courtyard and will enter what used to be the largest indoor swimming pool in the world.
• We will then proceed across the street to the former Ponce de Leon Hotel where we will share some interesting facts about the father of Florida.
• It has been 60 minutes and its time to say our goodbyes. At this point you are welcome to continue exploring the city at your leisure.